Property Hawk the landlord's homepage since 2006
Free Tenancy Agreement FREE tenancy agreement
Free Landlord Software FREE landlord software
Home | Property Manager | Free ASTs | Landlord Forms | Mortgages | Insurance | Inventory | Magazine | Landlords Bible | Directory | Forum | Training | News / Blog |

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Rent Arrears

Shelter have stated that they expect tenants to default on rent payments this month in the run up to Christmas.

What can you do if your tenant does default?

If this is the first time your tenant has defaulted the best way to approach this would be to discuss this with your tenant and come up with a monthly payment plan to ensure the arrears are repaid.

However, you may feel that now is the time to bring the tenancy to an end. Non-payment of rent is a breach of the tenancy agreement and if you seek possession on these grounds you need to serve your tenant with a Section 8 Notice. There is information contained in the Legal section of the Landlord's Bible about Section 8 Notices and possession proceedings.

If you would like advice on Section 8 Notices or any other landlord legal matter please either telephone me on 01623 448331 or email me at


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Paul Barrett said...

Rent Guarantee Insurance; nothing more to say.