Property Hawk the landlord's homepage since 2006
Free Tenancy Agreement FREE tenancy agreement
Free Landlord Software FREE landlord software
Home | Property Manager | Free ASTs | Landlord Forms | Mortgages | Insurance | Inventory | Magazine | Landlords Bible | Directory | Forum | Training | News / Blog |

Monday, November 21, 2011

Student Lets - what landlords need to know

Do you let properties to students or people who share a property? If so are you aware that your property may be classed as a house in multiple occupation and extra regulations and licensing are required.

The requirements do vary from local authority to local authority, therefore if in any doubt as to whether you do have a property in multiple occupation or to check that you comply with the regulations and have the necessary licences contract your local authority.

Failure to comply can lead to penalities such as a fine, failure to recover the property under section 21 of the housing Act or Housing Benefit reclaiming any payments they have made to you.

If you need any advice about this or any other landlord advice, please email at or telephone on 01623 448331.

Regards Rebecca

Bookmark and Share

No comments: