Property Hawk the landlord's homepage since 2006
Free Tenancy Agreement FREE tenancy agreement
Free Landlord Software FREE landlord software
Home | Property Manager | Free ASTs | Landlord Forms | Mortgages | Insurance | Inventory | Magazine | Landlords Bible | Directory | Forum | Training | News / Blog |

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Leamington landlord fined after fire

A landlord from Leamington Spa has been fined nearly £11,000 at Nuneaton Justice Centre following a fire at a rental property.

Manjit Chima was found guilty of a number of ‘serious offences’ that put tenants at risk, although fortunately the tenants managed to escape without injury.

Following an investigation by the Fire Service and Warwick District Council, the two-storey house, split into 7 bedsits was found to have breached safety regulations on a number of grounds. Kitchen doors that were needed to help contain the spread of a fire had been removed, a garage and outbuilding had been converted into flats without proper escape, and there was no record of any servicing records for the fire alarm, or of any gas or electric inspections been carried out.

No comments: