Well, that's according to Homelet's latest survey.
The survey, conducted in January, received 3,726 from landlords.
The key findings:
- 76.2% of landlords aren't aiming to expanding their property portfolio in 2017.
- 10.5% of landlords are looking to reduce the size of their portfolio in 2017.
- 90% of landlords are happy with their tenants, (55% very happy) and (35% quite happy)
- 31% of landlords are worried about further legislation changes
- 62% of landlords have been doing it for over six years
- 24% of accidental landlords have gone on to but another property
- 40% of landlords own a rental property mortgage free
- 31% of landlords aren't planning on raising rents
- Of those landlords who are planning to raise rent, the reasons were: to keep up with inflation and market forces (55%); due to increased tax liability (21.3%)
Further delights and insight into the minds of landlords can be found in their full survey; enjoy.